Dragons.....

Thursday, January 14, 2010


This little fellow is made using a stamp brush made by "Hawksmont" and then I colored and painted and monkeyed around with it since it was simply an outline to begin with. Since the maker of the outline brush didn't care, I altered the outline and the drawing to my own liking so in the end it becomes my own work.
It's like taking a page from a coloring book and making a nice oil painting from it.
I have a little relative who adores dragons and dragonology.She will be able to name him and tell all about what kind he is and where he/she is from! Yes, there is a whole lore about them and they are classified into types and places.
Hope you like him.






4 comments:

  1. you really dressed that dragon up and made him good company

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ...

    I see you changed your header. It's nice. I'm not into dragons but I still love your work. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a little relative who is fascinated by them.
    This is drawn for her.
    There are some who believe dragons are a type of the angel who was guarding the gate to Eden.
    The term Seraph means a firey serpent. Seraphim is the plural.
    Our stories of dragons comes from somewhere. People saw these things.
    They say that for every heavenly object there is a mortal representation on earth.
    Who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little guy looks like an antique French jeweled brooch...sooo gorgeous !
    The new header is lovely...speaks of a gentler time of beauty and grace . Thank you for the lift ! Have a splendid day !

    ReplyDelete