Some of my Work

Wednesday, January 30, 2008


Here are some of my paintings in frames. I like this one though its not a great work at all, of course. I love the colors and what it represents.

















I have used this egret over back salt marsh for a header on Lemon Lime Moon.













This is one of the Cedar Water Creeks that flow thru the great piney woods. Crystal clear with sandy white bottoms, the water is stained a cedary red brown from cedar trees.
I painted this from a photograph found online actually.

I enjoy making the reflections in the "water".







I learned to do it from Bill Alexander and his "almighty Fanbrush".



This is just wild reeds that grow in salt marsh and by the ocean and bay and the small creeks that flow around them. They are home to all kinds of creatures from otters to birds , deer and rabbits. I once saw a baby mink in this place here.
I love the rich jewel tones which I try to keep as close to real as possible. When the sunlight hits the water just right, it reflects the sky in this killer sapphire blue. This was painted quickly but, I like it nonetheless.

3 comments:

  1. oooo...so beautiful!!!! I especially love the Cedar Water Creek one. WOW! It looks like a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have always admired your creativity and artistic talents !...so glad you now have a forum for their display ,so others can feast their eyes. You have the ability to bring folks into the scene you've created...wonderful !Keegie

    ReplyDelete
  3. these paintings are lovely and well deserve to be framed

    ReplyDelete