Redoing Photographs

Tuesday, September 11, 2007


This is the photo I found on the internet and which I reproduced with paint for the header below.

I don't often reproduce photos. But in this case I did and also here in this redo of a photo of Mrs. Glanz a Jewish holocaust victim who touched my heart so much.
Here is the original very damaged in its original sepia tones.

Here is my redo of the photo.

I did several other redos of photos of holocaust victims also, such as a wedding photo of a young couple that was very weathered and didnt do them justice anymore.

I suppose I try to honor their memory in this way.

2 comments:

  1. it does honor their memory and it's very lovely work too, brings out the beauty in them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your re-do's. If I used photoshop like you do, well....let's just say the pictures would probably look something like my cats when they're hacking up hairballs. LOL

    ReplyDelete