New Headers

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Take into account these are greatly reduced and blurry. You can click them to see full size if you like.
These two, above and below are experiments in bright color. Not sure about them.
I paint things first, then turn them into mastheads for blogs.
This is my rendition of a photograph shown to me by Sultan Knish. I took liberities with the sky, dappling it with additional color . The original was purple and black with the white.. I thought it was in need of just a bit more color when I reproduced the photo with paint. I added Celtic letters which I did in metallic silver ..why? I don't have a valid explanation. Just liked it I think.

I am not sure how much I like headers like this.

The one below is another kind of header I am also not sure of:



Its contains a copy of an old photograph from the turn of the century onto which I painted clouds, etc. and an illuminated moon. It is sort of cute.. but my real reaction as to using it as a blog header is .. eh.. *shrugs*.


Its the kind of header everyone uses. A photo with words over it.. blah. They are fine, just not for me. I love painting minatures from scratch that I can use.


For me, my blog(LemonLimeMoon) is not just about the written content, but also about providing something pleasing to the eye.


These might make an appearance on the blog, but, not for long. They were interesting to paint, interesting to work on, but, they are blah.

10 comments:

  1. i love the ship, it's very dramatic and striking, very pirates of the Caribbean and little lemon is cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. The silvery Celtic lettering is beautiful. So to is the color sky.

    Your talent is amazing. I love the way you see the world, noticing the finest detail.

    Keli Ata

    ReplyDelete
  3. The silvery Celtic lettering is beautiful. So to is the color sky.

    Your talent is amazing. I love the way you see the world, noticing the finest detail.

    Keli Ata

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the feed back everyone.
    It helps a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the 3rd one from the top. That ship and the lettering are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you nightghost :)
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of the paintings are beautiful, but I have very different tastes in fonts from you - I go for thick, bold, modern fonts in bright colors. Don't know how it would look with your photos though.

    ReplyDelete