Chanamations

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I have been working on these for a little bit to use on my blogs.
I got the idea while looking out the window on a rainy night and the view was framed so perfectly and I thought about how nice it would be to always have a little vignette of the window. So, I began to make these. simple window, then a candle I always keep on the window in a simple red dish, then added the views. Some , of course are my own paintings just put behind the window and others I did expressly for the window 'chanamations'. I experimented with different flames on each also.

Rainy day , sailing along.
My lovely 'prairie fire' crab apple tree , Winter and Spring!
Snow Storm and simple to make stars on a mobile.
I like this one since it has an egret and my backbay view, but most especially since it shows my mother's old silver cake stand complete with small chocolate cake ready to blow out the candles and take a bite! This is from my painting of the Salt Marsh back bay. I just used a piece of the larger painting in the *window*.
A moving mobile. Below is a small version of the backbay painting. Of course its made tiny so its a bit distorted but you get the idea.

4 comments:

  1. i love these,

    the animated motion is very realistically done and the paintings are lovely and homey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The egret is so awesome! It makes you feel like he really is flying right past you!

    ReplyDelete